Corporate Director of Adults & Well-being
Share this role
- Trafford Council
- Trafford, Greater Manchester
- to £121,754
- Closing date:
- 9th September
- Job Ref:
Trafford is a proud, thriving, culturally vibrant and prosperous borough that is at the heart of Greater Manchester and the levelling-up agenda. As a Council, we have bold ambitions, and we are committed to responding positively to the changing expectations and demands of local government. Our vision for Trafford is for all our residents to have a greener future, better jobs and better health. Our Corporate Director for Adults and Wellbeing is central to our vision, working within a highly integrated health and social care setting, our Corporate Director will play a key role in supporting our residents to live and age well and prosper.
With responsibilities across adult health & social care, commissioning and public health, this role is at the very heart of our well-established integration agenda, where mature relationships provide support to those mostin need and enable others to be independent. Where intervention is required, our response must be rapid and of the highest quality. We are investing in our services, including capital investment, and have a workforce strategy that invests in people, growing our own and developing the talent of tomorrow.
While parts of our borough are prosperous, we have many challenges in terms of health inequalities and living and ageing well. The successful applicant will work closely with public health colleagues to develop and implement our localities-based population health plans which are essential in reducing demand and allowing people to thrive.
We are seeking an experienced professional who sees strength in integrated working, who brings ideas and innovation and is not afraid to challenge the norm. Creativity will be a strength,
as well as the ability to continually develop the team around you, including those who are just starting their career. You will embrace our EPIC values in an authority that supports agile and hybrid working practices, and that places outcomes at the heart of everything we do.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Philip Emms
- 07590 225 472
- Rachel Salvia
- 020 7426 3374